23 Apr, 2018
Over the last year The Good Life Experience has been named a top family friendly festival by -among others- The Telegraph, National Geographic and Style Magazine, and this month we're excited to find ourselves in the line-up of Conde Nast Traveller's Brilliant Family Festivals. Here are just a some of the things you and your children can look forward to in September:
1. UNDER 12S GO FREE: HOW MANY CAN YOU FIT IN THE CAR?
2. IT'S A WEEKEND TO GO WILD WITH NEW FRIENDS IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS
We encourage festival-goers of all ages to go a bit wild at The Good Life Experience, all within the safe space of the Hawarden Estate. From tree climbing to axe throwing, archery, fire walking, fire making, marshmallow toasting and more. Take a look at everything we have lined-up so far here.
3. EVERYTHING IS AIMED AT ADULTS + CHILDREN ALIKE; NOT MANY FESTIVALS CAN SAY THAT
This year's music line-up includes DJ sessions from BBC Radio 2's Trevor Nelson, and King of the Notting Hill Carnival, Norman Jay MBE, plus we've got talks for all ages, campfire cooking, foraging, wild swimming, craft workshops and a big slice of The Great Outdoors. Early Bird tickets are here.
4. BUSHCRAFT + ENDLESS CRAFT WORKSHOPS FOR ALL AGES
Spoon carving, bow making, blacksmithing, woodworking, screen printing, model making, weaving, knitting, hot foil printing, calligraphy, pottery, metal pressing, mosaic making and LOTS more!
5. CANOEING, SWIMMING, FIRE WALKING + AXE THROWING FOR ALL AGES DOWN AT THE LAKE
6. CAMPFIRE COOKING SESSION WITH 5 O'CLOCK APRON
All of our Campfire Cooking Sessions are open to all, but, interspersed with games of What's the Time Mr Wolf, the 5 O'Clock Apron session is especially for the children. Chef and author Claire Thomson encourages children to grow up with a fearless appreciation of food. Fun and learning are part of it, but she finds that when her children help to make a meal from scratch they are also more inclined to eat it. Head to the campfire at the festival.
7. FREE RIDES ALL WEEKEND LONG AT OUR VINTAGE FAIRGROUND!